5 things that your bank does not want you to know, and that you can claim
In recent years users' mistrust of banks has been on the rise. Cases such as floor clauses, mortgage formalization costs or, for example, credit cards in revolving mode, have made consumers increasingly decide to protect their rights against bank abuses and that the user is think twice before hiring products that have a certain financial complexity.
But despite all this, some entities continue to carry out certain practices that are objectionable.
In order to avoid it, or claim it if it has happened to you, we want to give you these 5 tips.
- 1. You have the right to have a copy of all your contracts
- 2. They should not have charged you for your mortgage expenses
- 3. Do not forget the floor clauses, and multi-currency mortgages
- 4. Your bank doesn't want you to know that revolving cards can be claimed
- 5. Insurance that makes you hire but that you will never be able to enjoy
- Also, if you want to avoid having problems with the bank…
1. You have the right to have a copy of all your contracts
If you have lost a contract or a copy of it, you can request it again. Remember that if you made a loan or savings transaction, it is very important that you keep a copy of the contract, in case you need to claim any issue in the future.
It is possible that they did not provide you with this document at the time of formalizing the operation. If so, it is important that you request it. There are many impediments that banks put in order to deliver copies of them. For this reason, our advice is that the requests be made in writing and with acknowledgment of receipt at the office of your entity. If you continue to have problems doing it, we can guide you on how to do it so that you can achieve it.
2. They should not have charged you for your mortgage expenses
When you are going to take out a mortgage, there are a series of expenses that arise from the signing of the loan itself. Notary, management, taxes... are some of which the banks have passed on directly to their clients until the arrival of the new mortgage law.
If the bank made you pay all the expenses derived from signing the mortgage, at claimador.es we study your case and inform you what you can claim from the bank. No need to advance any amount to start protecting your rights as a mortgagee.
3. Do not forget the floor clauses, and multi-currency mortgages
This you may already know. But the floor clauses of mortgages or multi-currency mortgages can also be claimed. They are clauses in some cases and products in others that the courts have declared were not sold with the necessary transparency. Here you can recover what you have been overcharged for that clause or the money you lost on a product like bonuses.
4. Your bank doesn't want you to know that revolving cards can be claimed
They are marketed with various excuses, but whatever the reason, if you have a credit card in revolving mode (or fixed monthly payment), it is likely that your credit card is revolving and you are paying high interest that is added to the debt month after month.
At claimant.es we are helping thousands of people affected by revolving cards to claim. If you have a credit card whose debt does not go down but increases month by month, the payment method of that card is a fixed monthly payment, whatever the expense, it is very likely that you have a revolving card. We study your case without obligation and we inform you if your claim is viable.
5. Insurance that makes you hire but that you will never be able to enjoy
It is an increasingly common practice that when you go to contract a loan they try to put some kind of insurance. In most cases they are types of insurance that are worth almost nothing to you but that fundamentally benefit the bank. In some extremes, there are banks that impose insurance on you from which you can never benefit.
They are the cases of the so-called “payment protection insurance”in which, supposedly, if you lose your job and cannot afford certain monthly payments, they are covered by said insurance. But with the labor instability that Spain is currently experiencing, many of the people who acquire them do not have an indefinite contract. This requirement is not trivial since it is essential to be able to benefit from the premium in case of losing your job.
If this has happened to you, you have to claim the return of all loan premiums because the bank cannot sell insurance that it knows will never truly cover you.
Also, if you want to avoid having problems with the bank…
- Save all the documentation. preserves both the contracts, as the receipts and the conversations (email) that you have had with the bank. Remember that if you cannot find any of them, you can always request a copy at your branch.
- Read the small print well. Pay attention to all contracts and don't sign anything too technical. If you don't understand something, it's always best to ask an expert for help.
- Collect all insurance policies that you have contracted with the bank. So you can see if you have any that is not useful and you can claim.
- Question the commissions that come to your account. Pay special attention to the corresponding services provided and stamp, complaints.
- In case of any problem, Put yourself in the hands of professionals. It is best to consult a specialist if you have any doubts. Also, if you file a claim, its status is pending to always be updated.
We hope you don't have any of these problems with your bank. Even so, if you have had any of them, we can help you.